Contracted or full-time
Based in Nashville, but can work remotely
In this role, you will:
- Serve as a liaison between our SEO clients and SEO project manager.
- Provide strategic direction on our SEO clients’ accounts and assign tasks to the appropriate parties, as needed.
- Relay SEO insights and next steps to clients on monthly report calls.
- Capture new information — such as new strategic goals, marketing efforts, or vetting new ideas — from the client and incorporate that new information into the overall SEO strategy.
- Do everything in your power to actually move the needle for our clients in search engines (within our scope of work and using 100% white hat practices).
- No SEO copywriting, editing, publishing, or backlink-building is required (we’ve got that covered). Rather, you’re doing the keyword research to set the strategic content direction, analyzing the data to identify new opportunities, presenting key SEO insights to the client, and working with our SEO project manager to ensure everything is executed perfectly to plan.
- Complete one-time SEO competitor analyses, as needed, to support sales activities
- Complete and deliver 30-day SEO strategy/set-ups
- Provide direction and oversight on monthly SEO accounts
- Analyze and deliver monthly SEO reports. Provide key insights and next steps for each SEO client.
- Address client and SEO project manager requests and questions in a timely manner, as needed.
- Complete on-page (and, occasionally, off-site) optimizations for SEO clients, as needed.
Experience & skills:
- At least 3 years of experience in a strategic SEO role that involved both technical SEO and content strategy.
- Excellent client communication and people skills. We’re looking for someone who can become our clients’ confidant and advisor for all things SEO.
- Self-motivated problem solver. As a small team, we’re looking for someone who will be able to independently steer SEO strategy in the right direction and solve problems as they arise. Our ultimate goal is to ensure the client is happy with their results and can count on our team as a quality, reliable SEO partner.
Who we’re looking for:
We’re not looking for just a technical SEO guru or an SEO copywriter but someone who is knowledgeable in both. We’re looking for someone who sets the strategic SEO direction for a client but also gets their hands dirty by diving into data or websites to make important decisions and take action on them.
Who we are:
As a company, we pride ourselves on being hard-working and knowledgeable, but approachable and enjoyable to be around. What that means in practice is that you should listen and learn about the clients’ unique services and/or product offerings, unique brand personalities, and goals, and cater the SEO strategy to suit. You should also cater your communication to the client’s. For example, some clients can’t get enough of these monthly report calls and love learning about SEO; others are more hands-off and only care about the results. Some clients have some baseline SEO knowledge, while others have none. Messaging and delivery should be catered to suit. We’re not know-it-alls and we never talk down to our clients — no matter their knowledge or experience level.
Email resume to [email protected] with the subject line “SEO Strategist Application”.